"Each of us, individually and collectively, are responsible for our thoughts, words,and actions as these are energy which creates reality at any given moment. I want to share my insights into how important it is at this period of time for humanity to mature emotionally, evolve consciously and embrace the divine spark of light and love that exists and can be manifested in each of us." Leslie Beil

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

RACISM AND BIGOTRY



In the summer of 2012 I was having my hair done at a local Hair Cuttery. Most of the women working there were people of color who had immigrated here from war torn countries and hostile men.  On that day I asked my stylist what country she was from.  She stated Liberia via England. 

Having gotten my worldview of England from BBC America news and entertainment, it appeared to be an open society with many different cultures living in relative harmony (other than soccer thugs).  So why would she have left such a “lovely” country for America with its underlying racial animosity since President Obama had been elected.

Much to my surprise she responded “In England they let you know, in your face, that they don’t like us. Here, in America, they are sneaky about it. But my children have a better chance to make a life for themselves in America if they study and work hard. Young people here aren’t as closed minded as they are in England when it comes to race.”

I agreed with her last statement in regards to the youth of America. To me it was evident that shortly after President Obama was elected the GOP and Fox “News” org. started acting up. But what puzzled me was that Main Stream Media (MSM), beloved since my youth, wasn’t talking about their behavior. That’s when I began emailing them, not just about this behavior, but also in regards the lies being told by those in power, both politically and in business, that weren’t being countered by the wordsmith’s I had previously respected.

In 2011 I was watching Meredith Vieira one morning, interviewing some poll, who was blatantly lying about the subject at hand.  She just sat there, letting this man spew his untrue word energies without question! I was appalled because I KNOW that words are energy that either enhance and enlightens a society or drags it down to the pits of hell.  So I sent her an email. And began to do the same with other media wordsmiths.

During the 2012 presidential elections, the GOP neo-con right wing was really ramping up the “slurs” against President Obama, but these powerful MSM folks would only insinuate that these verbal assaults were “code”.  I kept asking them why they didn’t call out these people as the racist, bigoted, narrow minded pigs that they were.

One of them finally did.  In August of 2012 one Super Hero Wordsmith of The Tribe called them out. It was Chris Matthews of MSNBC when he appeared on Morning Joe with GOP Chairman Reince Priebus.  Chris out right called him and his party out with using the “race card” against President Obama on a multitude of issues.

Nothing saddens me more than to witness the behavior of a few “unenlightened” people that utilize such tactics for profit and personal gain, to the detriment of our society as a whole.  Those non members of The Tribe, as I call Humanity, appear to outnumber us because they are a small but well funded vocal group. For that I feel sorry for them as they can’t see the beauty of different cultures. They’re a dying breed for whom no tears will be shed with their passing. And rightly so.

Heed them no thought and remind people to live through their hearts as it never deceives the spirit of our individual and collective soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment